Currently in version 10, pCLAMP™ Software fulfills many different experimental needs, such as synchronized stimulation, event detection, and online analysis. It is the most widely-used data acquisition and analysis program for the control and recording of voltage-clamp, current-clamp, and patch-clamp experiments. Three separate applications included are Clampex 10, AxoScope 10, and Clampfit 10.
- Membrane test supports monitoring cell health between sweeps during a recording
- Membrane and seal tests combined into a single resizable window
- Support for up to eight stimulus waveforms*
- Control of eight digital outputs
- Control of split-clock sampling per epoch during a sweep
- Leak subtraction automatically saves both raw and corrected traces
- All protocol durations are entered in time units
Basic Ion Channel Research
Ion channels are pore proteins that are involved in a large variety of physiological processes. Basic research in the ion channel field furthers the understanding of ion channel function as well as their roles within cellular pathways and processes. Single-channel research helps with elucidating the mechanisms underlying ion channel function on a single-molecule level. Whole-cell and perforated patch clamp recordings are typically used to investigate the action of modulators on entire populations of ion channels in the membrane of a cell. Learn more.
Cell Pathway Analysis
Ion channels are involved in many cell pathways and understanding the function of ion channels in response to changes in membrane potential or the presence or absence of other molecules is important in order to understand exactly how ion channels participate in normal and abnormal biological processes such as cell differentiation and migration, disease states, neuronal communications, etc. Learn more.
Ion channels play a role in many diseases, including hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, gastrointestinal, immune and neuromuscular disorders, pathological pain and cancer. By understanding the exact role that ion channels play in a particular disease, researchers might be able to find a way to affect the ion channel in such a way as to alter the course of the disease. Learn more.
A critical part of drug discovery involves safety assessments, such as hERG testing, in order to eliminate any compounds with potential safety concerns. Conventional patch clamp has played an important role in collecting evidence for the absence of side effects before submission of a drug candidate to regulatory authorities. Even if automated electrophysiology has shifted safety testing to earlier stages in the drug discovery process, follow-up with conventional patch clamp is an essential step in the workflow. Learn more.
- Windows 7 or 10 (32- or 64-bit). We only support Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions.
- 2 GHz CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB hard disk
- 1920 x 1080 display
- CD-ROM drive
- 3 built-in USB 2.0 ports
- Digidata 1550B Digitizer
- Network connection
- Digidata 1550, 1550A, or 1550B 8-Channel Digitizer (supported by pCLAMP v10.5)
- Digidata 1440A 16-Channel Digitizer* (supported by pCLAMP v10.3, v10.4 & v10.5)
- Digidata 1320 Series 16-Channel Digitizer* (supported by pCLAMP v10.3, but unable to support on 64-bit Operating Systems)
- MiniDigi™ 1 Series 2-Channel Digitizer*
- Axoclamp 900A Microelectrode Amplifier
- Axopatch 200B Microelectrode Amplifier
- MultiClamp 700B Microelectrode Amplifier
- Most older models and third-party amplifiers with BNC telegraphing are also supported.
- MetaFluor Fluorescence Ratio Imaging Software: Software messaging facilitates concurrent electrophysiology and imaging experiments.
- DataXpress Data Management and Analysis Software: pCLAMP opens data files stored in DataXpress.
- OriginLab Data Analysis and Graphing Software: Origin opens native ABF files.
- Many other third-party applications handle pCLAMP files.
For pCLAMP 10 (ABF 2):
- File Support Pack 2 for Windows (release build) [ZIP] allows Windows programs to support the ABF and ATF data file formats for AxoScope 1 to 10, Clampex 6 to 10, Fetchex 6, and AxoTape 2, via Windows DLLs. (This build corrects the library in the previous 3/12/07 zip file.)
- File Support Pack 2 for Windows (debug build) [ZIP] is the same as above, but includes extra error trapping code.
- ABF 2 Docs [ZIP] file, provides details of the ABF 2 file header for non-Windows OS support. (Additional information on header details has been added.)
For previous versions of pCLAMP (ABF 1):
- File Support Pack 1 for Windows [ZIP] allows Windows programs to support the ABF and ATF data file formats for AxoScope 1 to 9.2, Clampex 6 to 9.2, Fetchex 6, and AxoTape 2, via Windows DLLs or header offsets.
- File Support Pack for DOS [EXE] allows DOS programs to support the ABF and ATF data file formats for Clampex 6, Fetchex 6, and AxoTape 2, and the EVL events list format for Fetchan 6 and pSTAT 6.
- Axopatch 200B Amplifier Brochure
- MultiClamp 700B Amplifier Datasheet
- Axoclamp 900A Amplifier Datasheet
- Digidata 1550B Digitizer Datasheet
pCLAMP™ 10 Data Acquisition and Analysis Software
- pCLAMP 10 software CD
- MiniDigi™ 1 digitizer*
- USB 1.1 cable*
- USB 1.0 security key
- User guide (printed)
pCLAMP Software Upgrade Options**
|Upgrade from pCLAMP 5 to pCLAMP 10||PCLAMP 10 UPGRADE P5|
|Upgrade from pCLAMP 6 to pCLAMP 10||PCLAMP 10 UPGRADE P6|
|Upgrade from pCLAMP 7 to pCLAMP10||PCLAMP 10 UPGRADE P7|
|Upgrade from pCLAMP 8 to pCLAMP 10||PCLAMP 10 UPGRADE P8|
|Upgrade from pCLAMP 9 to pCLAMP 10*||PCLAMP 10 UPGRADE P9|
Number of Citations*: 3,290
For a complete list of citations, please click here.
* as of November 13, 2015. Source: Google Scholar. Search results include "pCLAMP 10" and "pCLAMP Axon Instruments".