Goodbye line-frequency noise. Hello biological signal.
Equipped with up to four HumSilencer™ channels, the Axon™ Digidata® 1550B Low Noise Data Acquisition System enables you to record multiple cells at once for cellular network studies without 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise.
The Digidata 1550B System has three different configurations. Please see the table below. For detailed specifications, please see the datasheet.
|Digidata 1550B4||Four HumSilencer channels|
|Digidata 1550B1||One HumSilencer channel|
|Digidata 1550B0||No HumSilencer channel|
Bring a new level of simplicity to your patch-clamp electrophysiology experiments!
While offering the same digitization capabilities as its predecessors, the Axon Digidata 1550B Low Noise Data Acquisition System offers up to four HumSilencer channels. This innovative feature allows scientists to record multiple cells simultaneously for higher throughput or cellular network studies without 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise. With only a single click, eliminate the noise obscuring your biological signals of interest and simplify your workflow.
What is HumSilencer?
HumSilencer is an advanced feature that learns, adapts, and removes local 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise patterns and high-frequency harmonics from incoming signal. With a simple ON/OFF check box in Axon AxoScope or Axon Clampex software, HumSilencer enables subtraction of line-frequency noise from your signal.
Should a noise pattern change, such as by introduction of a new noise source, HumSilencer rapidly learns & adapts. The new noise is eliminated in less than one second and can handle amplitudes up to 20V peak-to-peak at digitizer's analog input.
HumSilencer is not a filter and has no effect on acquired signals. HumSilencer also causes no signal distortion such as frequency change, amplitude attenuation, phase shift, or DC voltage change.
Enabling noise-free cellular network studies
The Digidata 1550B comes equipped with up to four analog HumSilencer inputs, thus allowing stimulation and recording of multiple cells at once without 50/60 Hz line-frequency interference. All analog input channels can be simultaneously digitized at the highest sampling rate of 500 kHz for maximum throughput and quality. Multiple triggering options are available via hardware and software.
With Digidata 1550B, you can now record cellular networks, without 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise, in a single digitizer while saving money, time, and hassle.
Basic ion channel research
Cell pathway analysis
AxoScope 10.6 Software
AxoScope 10.6 Software is a turn-key data acquisition and analysis program for Microsoft Windows designed to replace oscilloscopes, chart recorders, and FM tape recorders. AxoScope 10.6 Software provides from eight to sixteen channels of analog acquisition and four different acquisition modes.
Data can be acquired and displayed continuously in Gap-Free mode up to the supported sampling rate of the digitizer. Other acquisition modes supported by AxoScope 10.6 Software are threshold-triggered Fixed-Length Events, Variable-Length Events or High-Speed Oscilloscope modes. Tags and comments can be added to the data in real time. Analog and digital output holding values can be altered.
AxoScope 10.6 Software opens Axon-format ABF data files and enables quick analysis of sections of interest with an array of browsing and basic analysis tools. Data and page layout can be reviewed before printing. Additional features include voice tags, which allow tagging of data with spoken comments*, low-pass and high-pass digital filtering of incoming data, and Store Trace, which freezes a snapshot of a waveform on the screen for comparison with a subsequent input.
In combination with pCLAMP 10.6 Software, the Digidata® 1550B System forms the data acquisition backbone of a set-up like those used in many electrophysiology labs around the world. The Clampex Data Acquisition Module, which is part of the pCLAMP Software, makes optimal use of the features of the Digidata 1550B Low-Noise Data Acquisition System.
* Requires a sound chip in the host computer and a microphone.
Software testbeds are available to help programmers write data acquisition programs for Digidata Digitizers. These testbeds include sample code and DLL drivers for Windows programs. For non-Windows programs, it is suggested that you write a C wrapper for our API.
There are four testbeds currently available through our Customer Support page:
- The Digidata 1550B Testbed allows programs to be created to control the Digidata 1550B Digitizer. The sample application requires a Digidata 1550B Digitizer to run.
- The Digidata 1550 Testbed allows programs to be created to control the Digidata 1550 Digitizer. The sample application requires a Digidata 1550 Digitizer to run.
- The Digidata 1440A Testbed allows programs to be created to control the Digidata 1440A Digitizer. The sample application requires a Digidata 1440A Digitizer to run.
- The Digidata 132x Testbed allows programs to be created to control the product line of Digidata 1320A, 1321A and 1322A digitizers. Note that the Adaptec WinASPI layer is also required.
Please note that technical support is not available for writing programs using these testbeds.
- Up to four channels that can eliminate 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise and associated high frequency harmonics in less than one second and with a single click
- Digitizes a wide range of input signals from -10 to +10 V
- Eliminates a maximum noise amplitude of up to 20 V, peak-to-peak
- 8 analog input channels to digitize acquired signals up to 500 kHz independently
- 8 analog output channels to send command voltage output independently
- 8 digital out channels to control the periphery equipment used in sophisticated experiments
- Independent analog-to-digital converters for each input channel ensure low crosstalk levels and high data acquisition rates.
- USB 2.0 connection allows operation on virtually any current PC computer running Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) Operating System, including laptops.
- 16-bit resolution data
- State-of-the-art signal-to-noise ratio
- All signal connectors on the front panel for ease of access and maintenance of the electrophysiology set-up
- Rack-mount case for tidy installation of all components in the electrophysiology set-up
- User guide written by scientific consultants, with the assistance of Axon Instruments staff, for straightforward start-up and as an in-depth reference.
|Maximum input signal
(total of noise + signal)
|Maximum noise amplitude||20 V, peak-to-peak (on a 0 V signal)|
|Noise cancellation||Line-frequency (50 Hz / 60 Hz) and harmonics to 10 kHz|
|Cancellation response time||< 1 second|
|Number of input channels||8 single-ended|
|Number of ADCs||8|
1 Hz - 500 kHz; Maximum aggregate throughput rate is 500 kHz x 8 input channels = 4 Megasamples/s
|Input range||-10.000 V to +10.000 V|
|Input resistance||>1 MΩ|
|Number of channels||8|
|Number of DACs||8|
|Sampling rates||1 Hz - 500 kHz|
|Output range||-10.000 V to +10.000 V|
|Output impedance||< 0.5 Ω|
|Output short circuit to signal ground||±25 mA|
|Number of bits||8 (of 16) supported in software|
|SCOPE||Dedicated trigger output|
|Output driver||Advanced CMOS (AC) compatible|
|Output current||±4 mA source, cable|
|Type||USB 2.0 braided|
|Input type||TTL compatible|
- HumSilencer: A smart and simple Axon Digidata 1550 Series feature for eliminating line-frequency noise
- HumSilencer eliminates electrical hum without causing signal distortion
The resources listed below were created using Digidata 1550A and Digidata 1550. Technical specifications for the Digidata 1550B are similiar to those of the 1550A and 1550.
- Axopatch 200B Amplifier Brochure
- MultiClamp 700B Amplifier Datasheet
- Axoclamp 900A Amplifier Datasheet
|Axoclamp 900A Headstage HS-9A X0.1U||x0.1 headstage||1-2950-0359|
|Axoclamp 900A Headstage HS-9A X1U||x1 headstage||1-2950-0360|
|Axoclamp 900A Headstage HS-9A X10U||x10 headstage||1-2950-0361|
|Axoclamp 900A Headstage VG-9A X10U||x10 virtual ground headstage||1-2950-0362|
|Axoclamp 900A Headstage VG-9A X100U||x100 virtual ground headstage||1-2950-0363|
|MultiClamp 700B Headstage CV-7B||Patch-clamp headstage||1-CV-7B|
|MultiClamp 700B Headstage CV-7B/BL||Bilayer headstage||1-CV-7B/BL|
|MultiClamp 700B Headstage CV-7B/EC||Electrochemistry headstage||1-CV-7B/EC|
Electrode holders, adapters, and holder components
|Electrode Holder for U-Type Headstages||Fits glass pipettes with outer diameter of 1.0 - 1.7 mm||1-HL-U|
|Electrode Holder Replacement Caps||Set of 2 polycarbonate caps for HL-U holders||1-HL-CAP|
|Cone Washers 1.1mm ID||Set of 10 orange cone washers for HL-U holders, fit glass with outer diameter of 1.0 - 1.1 mm||1-HLC-11|
|Cone Washers 1.3mm ID||Set of 10 orange cone washers for HL-U holders, fit glass with outer diameter of 1.1 - 1.3 mm||1-HLC-13|
|Cone Washers 1.5mm ID||Set of 10 orange cone washers for HL-U holders, fit glass with outer diameter of 1.3 - 1.5 mm||1-HLC-15|
|Cone Washers 1.7mm ID||Set of 10 orange cone washers for HL-U holders, fit glass with outer diameter of 1.5 - 1.7 mm||1-HLC-17|
|Pins 1mm for HL-U Holders||Set of 3 brass pins for HL-U holders, 1mm||1-HLP-U|
|2mm Plugs with Solder Cups||Set of 5 general purpose gold plugs, 2mm, with solder cups||1-HLP-0|
|Silver Wire||Set of 5 Ag wires, 0.25mm diameter, 50mm long||1-HLA-005|
|Silicone Tubing for Silver Wire||1mm ID x 70mm Long Silicone Tubing||1-HLT-70|
|Silver/Silver Chloride Pellet Assemblies||Set of 3 Ag/AgCl pellet assemblies||1-HLA-003|
|Adapter For BNC Holders To U-Type Headstages||Connects BNC holders to CV and HS headstages with threaded collets (U-type)||1-HLB-U|
|Right-Angle Adapter for HL-U Electrode Holders||Fits CV and HS headstages with threaded collets (U-type)||1-HLR-U|
|Model Cell for Oocytes||Axoclamp/ GeneClamp model cell for oocytes. Connects to U-type HS series headstages||1-MCO-2U|
|Model Cell for TEVC / DSEVC||Axoclamp/ GeneClamp model cell for two-electrode voltage clamp/ discontinuous single-electrode voltage-clamp conditions. Connects to U-type HS series headstages||1-CLAMP-1U|
|Model Cell for Whole Cell/ Single Channels||Axopatch/ GeneClamp/ MultiClamp model cell for whole-cell / single-channel patch-clamp conditions. Connects to U-type CV series headstages||1-PATCH-1U|
|Model Cell for Bilayers||Axopatch/ GeneClamp/ MultiClamp model cell for bilayer conditions. Connects to U-type CV series headstages||1-MCB-1U|
|Cable To Connect Axoclamp 2 Headstages To Axoclamp 900A Amplifier||Allows Axoclamp 2 headstages (HS-2, VG-2) to be used on Axoclamp 900A Amplifiers||1-2100-0934|
|SoftPanel Amplifier Control Unit||Provides physical knob and button control for computer-controlled Axoclamp 900-series and MultiClamp 700-series amplifiers. Requires a USB connection.||1-SOFTPANEL (USB)|
|Remote Buzz For Axoclamp 900A||Hand-held buzz duration control for Axoclamp 900A Amplifier (1-50ms)||1-2950-0366|
|Silver/Silver Chloride Pellet Assemblies||Set of 3 Ag/AgCl pellet assembly and Ag wire||1-HLA-003|
Number of Citations*: 19,000
For a complete list of citations, please click here.
* as of November 13, 2015. Source: Google Scholar. Search results include "Digidata" and "Digidata 1550".
Specifications for the Digidata 1550B are based upon previous Digidata series (1550A, 1550, 1440, etc). Applications will apply to these systems.