SpectraTest FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate
A comprehensive tool for verifying Molecular Devices’ microplate readers are performing to manufacturing specifications.
Microplate readers from Molecular Devices are built to generate quality measurements over extended use. Backing up the robustness of the systems is the SpectraTest® FL1 Fluorescence Validation Plate, a valuable tool for all users to verify their fluorescence-capable microplate readers are operating correctly, and an essential tool for GLP and GMP laboratories, where regularly documenting instrument performance is a must.
Comprised of 10 distinct test areas, the SpectraTest FL1 Validation Plate checks reader performance to the same specifications as the instruments were built to, ensuring that the fluorescence readings are as accurate and precise as the day your microplate reader first arrived. The 12 individual tests performed by the SpectraTest FL1 Plate provide superior coverage to validation plates offered for other fluorescence systems on the market. Unique to the plate also are a solid state surrogate for testing Lower Limit of Detection (LLD), confirming the sensitivity of the fluorescence-capable readers, and PMT Matching for ensuring the linearity of the system over a broader dynamic range.
Pre-formatted SoftMax® Pro Data Acquisition & Analysis Software protocols are used to automatically generate and analyze the data, reporting failures as out of specification. Additional 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools are available through SoftMax® Pro GxP Compliance Software for controlled access to the test results and an audit trail of activities.
Qualification of a microplate reader is limited only by the tools available, and the more comprehensive nature of the SpectraTest Validation Plate family has established a legacy of trust in the IQOQ of microplate readers from Molecular Devices.
10 Test Areas for Increased Fluorescence Measurement Confidence
- Kinetic noise (Low Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at low signals.
- Kinetic noise (High Signal) to measure the stability of the optical system at high signal.
- Lower limit of detection (LLD) to estimate the minimum measurable signal of the microplate reader.
- PMT matching for ensuring linearity of signal over the greater dynamic range offered by Molecular Devices' fluorescence-capable microplate readers.
- RFU linearity to verify the linearity of the fluorescence signal detected.
- RFU scaling to allow for optional adjustment of the RFU (Relative Fluorescence Unit) output to give similar RFUs at fluorescein wavelengths between different fluorescence-capable microplate readers from Molecular Devices.
- Top-to-bottom bias to check for significant differences in measuring capability from the top edge of a microplate to the bottom edge.
- Wavelength accuracy to test the accuracy of the wavelength selection by the monochromator. Separate tests for excitation and emission are included.
- Wavelength precision to test the repeatability of the wavelength selection by the monochromator. Separate tests for Excitation and Emission are included.
- Well-to-well precision to assess measurement reproducibility across the plate.
Easy Validation of Luminescence Detection Mode with the new SpectraTest LM1 Validation Plate. Learn more.